Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kickoff to Summer 5K

5k - 28:06
Kickoff to Summer 5K is a race that benefits the local school PTA program.  I ran this race for the first time in 2009.  The course is a flat winding loop along the Piscataquog River and through the fairgrounds.


In 2009, my time for the 3.1 miles was 32:13 and I was 109th out of 156.  My goal for this year was simple: do better.

Two years ago I wasn't training; I thought I was, but I really didn't have a clue what I was doing.  Following a proper training program has made a huge difference. I feel like a runner now. I can run distances farther than I've ever run before without injuries.

My race results for this year's Kickoff to Summer 5K were better: time 28:06 and 95th out of 203.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

*